Saturday 15 December 2012

Zulu Takes To The Beer!

 
 
Well-respected adjudicator and musical director Hector Zulu has taken on the conductor's role at the Bronsaville Brewery Band.
 
Zulu, 93, told the Bandstand, "This is my last crack of the whip. I will be dead very soon. I'm out of my depth. I don't do this modern self-promotion. I can't say anything about this appointment other than that we will start each rehearsal with 14 hymn tunes. One each for every funeral of my friends what I've had to sit through. Beyond that I'm lost. I really want to retire now, the £40 a rehearsal will certainly come in handy but I really just want to put my feet up".
 
Bronsaville Brewery Band president Arthur Pendragon said, "To have someone of Hector's stature and experience is simply sensational! He has done everything there is to do in brass banding, been there and done it all, and bought all the t-shirts! Coupled with our young and dynamic team this could be the start of something really special! To our local rivals I would say fuck you all and maybe promotion for us is now a foregone conclusion so stick that up your pipe!"